Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day 24: Tuesday, August 25, 2009




With the time change the day before, we'd been asleep a little earlier than usual, and woke up earlier as well. I think it was only about 9am when we got on the road, eager to make some kilometres.

We stopped for lunch at a picnic area, and this fuzzy guy managed to be on me within a few minutes of me sitting down on the picnic table.



Did you know that some service centres have picnic areas behind them? This lovely, deserted area was behind the service centre on the 401 just west of the Quebec border. (Maybe it was the second one - I was busy knitting.)









My "Scotia Seashell" socks, from Lucy Neatby "Cat's Pyjamas" hand-dyed wool, bought in Yarmouth, Nova Scotia. I finished them on the 401 right around Oshawa.

We arrived home about 9pm in the evening, thoroughly worn out, but happy to be home. Thanks to housecleaning activities before we left, we came home to a reasonably clean house (clean clothes in drawers, clean dishes in the dishwasher). The cats were well fed and watered, but EXTREMELY happy to see us (much yowling proved it).

And... I guess that's it! I'll try to post some wrap-up things (# of Where to Eat in Canada meals, total kilometers driven, etc.) in the next day or two. Thanks for following along on the ride - it was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment